Diffusers: what you need to know before you buy
You are thinking about getting a diffuser for your home or office. But what questions should you be asking? Before you decide what diffuser or nebulizer to purchase, you should consider the following:
- auto shut off- this is a safety issue and should absolutely have this
- appropriate room/square foot coverage
- number of running hours before auto shut off
- fan settings (allows more control for dispersing oils)
- intermittent timing feature
- lighting/color feature
- quietness of machine
- ultrasonic nebulizer vs. humidifier
- manufacturer warranty
- personal budget
Knowing some features available can help you decide what is important to you, based on how much you want to spend. You can get a fun machine for $40 or you can spend $200+, and many options in between. Be sure to check any reviews for the machines you are considering for purchase.
Whatever type of diffuser you decide to get, be sure to only use pure and natural essential oils- NOT any fragrance or perfume oils. REALLY important! You should have at least 2 or 3 different essential oils to rotate around when using your diffuser.
Nature Notes has a terrific selection of essential oil blends to choose from. They are high quality, pure (not diluted with vegetable oils) and affordable.
What are the benefits of a diffuser?
Good question, I’m glad you asked.
If you are dealing with any of the following, a diffuser can help: (depending on what you put into the machine)
- cold & flu
- allergies, airborne germs
- respiratory issues
- funny, weird smells in your kitchen or bathroom
- help create environments to meet a desired goal, for example, sleeping, relaxing, studying, comforting etc.
- it’s nice to have a pleasant aroma subtly making your life more beautiful
Where can you get a diffuser?
Please note* The following section contains Amazon affiliate links. If you decide to click through and make a purchase, I may get a small commission, at no additional cost to you.
No matter what type of diffuser or nebulizer you decide to get, make sure that you only put quality essential oil into it. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning (which you should regularly do). For more selection on diffusers and nebulizers check out my picks on Nature Notes Amazon store.