Looking for the most useful essential oils for women? Most essential oils are multi-taskers, just as women are. Get the lowdown on your best choices and discover a fragrant world of self care that will benefit you for years to come!
Top oils for women
- Rose (Rosa damascene) The high cost of this oil is due to many factors, including the yield of the flowers ( 5 tons of flowers to make 1 liter of essential oil!), supply and demand, as well as region of export. Some benefits of rose oil include:
- excellent for all skin types, it is often used in skin care.
- rose has a reputation as an aphrodisiac, too.
- female reproductive problems- endometriosis, infertility; anything to do with periods
- abdominal cramps
- circulatory conditions
- premature aging of skin
- depression, anxiety
- stress & tension and all related conditions
Rose absolute is solvent extracted while Rose otto is steam distilled. Highly potent aroma allows for sparing use, allowing your investment to stretch further. Rose is known as the queen of oils for women. Pregnancy friendly after 4 months.
- Geranium (Pelargonim graveloens) mainly used for balancing hormones, used in menopause and with PMS. Helps alleviate stress. Caution: use highly diluted as this oil may irritate sensitive skin.
- Petitgrain (Citrus aurantium) This oil is a serious contender when it comes to helping women. Used for anxiety, acne, insomnia, stress and mental fatigue, it smells wonderful, too. Pregnancy friendly after 4 months. Did you know? Nature Notes Women’s Trio Kit contains Geranium, Petitgrain and Rose (pictured above) available for $50.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) perhaps the most widely used essential oil on the earth. It blends with almost every other oil and is often the first course of treatment for most problems. It is pregnancy friendly and children friendly.
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita) If you are perimenopausal or going through menopause, peppermint just might become your best friend. It’s cooling action is pretty instant and can provide relief during hot flashes. It is also very effective for easing tummy upsets and other digestive problems. Not really pregnancy friendly, and using it when nursing will likely dry up your milk supply. Just FYI.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Main uses for women include inhalation of ginger to combat nausea- either morning sickness or motion sickness. It can be used to manage pain, and also used for sore throat and/or sinus and respiratory issues.
- Clary sage (Salvia sclarea) Historically a “go-to” oil for women, used for headache, anxiety, anything relating to the reproductive system, hysteria and even throat infections. Not pregnancy friendly, but may be used during late stages of labour.
- Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) This oil is most noted for women to help reduce cellulite and for weight loss. Also widely used in skin care as an astringent and for treating congested skin. Pregnancy friendly.
Essential Oil blends especially for women
Products with Rose
Are you looking for Rose Absolute or Rose Otto? Both are available from Nature Notes as a custom order. Contact Deanna for current pricing.