Aromatherapy Foundational Concepts
If you are totally new to essential oils and are curious about what they do and how you can use them, this course is for you. If you have already been using essential oils and have some questions about them, this course is for you too.
This course covers important essential oil safety issues, profiles of 12 versatile essential oils, blending guidelines and recipes.
Practical assignments help you gain experience in using essential oils for you and your family. Most of all, this course helps you customize your options and make the best solutions that fit you as an individual. Printable resources and video instructions will guide you through the course as you learn valuable information.
What are the requirements?
- You should have access to specific essential oils listed in the course outline
- No previous experience necessary
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn how to select appropriate, quality oils to accomplish your set goals
- Formulate custom blends and recipes
- Understand important essential oil safety
- Become familiar with 12 versatile essential oil profiles
- Make a custom room spray
- Make a custom bath or shower blend
- Make a custom massage oil blend
- Make a custom diffuser blend
- Understand steps to successful blending
- Learn how essential oils are part of a botanical classification system
What is the target audience?
- Beginner essential oil user
- One who has already been using essential oils and wants to know more
Course outline: 8 Modules, 27 lectures -1.5 hours instruction- downloadable resources, quizzes, assignments
- What is aromatherapy and what are essential oils?
- How we get essential oils
- How to choose a quality oil and how to store them
- Label and packaging info
- Routes of application
Module 2: Safety Unit
- General rules and guidelines
- Special instructions for usage and medical conditions
- Using essential oils during pregnancy
- Avoiding certain issues: toxic, photo-toxic and irritating oils
- Dilution chart and formula calculations
Module 3: Essential Oil Profiles
Module 4: Essential Oil Profiles
- Tea Tree
Module 5: Essential Oil Profiles
- Ginger Root
- Sweet Marjoram
- Sweet Orange
Module 6: Essential Oil Profiles
- Roman Chamomile
- Classification of essential oils
- Blending with essential oils
Essential oil recipes and uses